Timeline

Founded in 1953 by a Canadian businessman, PROMINAS was acquired in 1958 by CEMENTATION DO BRASIL S.A., a subsidiary of British firm THE CEMENTATION CO. In 1963, having no more interest in Brazil, CEMENTATION put up PROMINAS for sale, and a PROMINAS employee, along with other colleagues, acquired a controlling stake in the company.
Since then, PROMINAS has been developing its own technology across its product line: hammer drills, rotary drills, pneumatic drills, drilling tools and, more recently, from 1980 on, by request of PETROBRÁS - PETRÓLEO BRASILEIRO S.A., the development of a family of high-pressure reciprocating-type pumps.

1953 - AQUIDABAN
First PROMINAS address: Aquidaban Street, downtown São Carlos, where everything started.

1953 – ROLLA DRILL
First drill manufactured by PROMINAS for prospecting soil, designed by Rock Lionel Lavoie.

1958 - P-125
First cable tool drill rig assembled by PROMINAS using components imported from England.

1962 - P-350
First cable tool drill rig designed and manufactured by PROMINAS and idealized by Eng. Antonio Fischer dos Santos.

1965 – IRONWORKING
Construction of the ironwork facilities with pneumatic operation for the production of API-standard drilling tools.

1970 – ROTARY TABLE
First rotary table manufactured by PROMINAS and tested in Sorocaba - SP.

1975 - P-350
Line production of cable tool drill rig model P-350.

1976 - MACHINING
Machining of PROMINAS in Industrial Unit at Aquidaban Street, downtown São Carlos, closed in 1977.

1978 - R-2H DRILL
First pneumatic DRILL model R-2H manufactured by PROMINAS with its own technology and supplied to FSESP, Fortaleza - CE.

1994 - R-1HM
R-1H with carousel for rod, equipped with hammer label Epley-USA, distributed by PROMINAS.

2001 - EXPORT

R-2H supplied to YPF S/A (REPSOL) Argentina, for the drilling of artesian wells.

admin
admin
admin
admin
admin
admin